The number one way to avoid being scammed is to
NEVER SEND MONEY TO ANY CANDIDATE FOR ANY REASON!!! Please be
aware that scam operations can be EXTREMELY sophisticated and sound VERY legitimate,
often involving many people, including travel agencies, references, etc. Again,
NEVER SEND MONEY TO ANY CANDIDATE, no matter how legitimate and justified the scenario
appears and no matter where they are located.
Following are some specifics which have been reported about the scams.
- Candidates have originated from Cameroon (a nation in western Africa)
- Candidate (or a representative or relative/father of the candidate)
requests 1/2 of the airfare to get the candidate to the U.S. or Canada
- A representative of the candidate may be referred to as a Colonel
or Professor or Doctor.
- Candidate situations, scenarios, and conversations may be very,
very involved, detailed, and creative adding legitimacy to the candidate.
- A picture of the supposed candidate may be sent.
- A travel agent may be involved, and may send very official-looking
Again, a family's best protection is to NEVER SEND MONEY. If you desire to pay for
a candidate's relocation, possible alternatives to sending money include offering
to reimburse a candidate once they have arrived at your location, or perhaps after
they have been employed by you for a certain period of time.
As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at support@GoNannies.com
or 877-GoNannies (877-466-2664).